Analyst | Strategic Investments
DTCP is Deutsche Telekom’s investment management group with over $1 billion assets under management and advisory, and a portfolio of over 70 companies. The group is dedicated to providing venture capital, special situation investments, and advisory services to the technology, media and telecommunication sectors. It operates and invests in the US, Israel and Europe.
We are looking for an Analyst – Strategic Investments (m/f) at our headquarters in Hamburg.
DTCP’s Advisory unit manages all aspects of strategic venture capital investments for Deutsche Telekom AG. This involves market screening in strategic priority areas, stakeholder interaction with Deutsche Telekom senior managers, deal initiation and due diligence, as well as supervision and management of portfolio companies, including investment management, board representation, preparation and execution of exits.
As an analyst, you will work closely with senior management both at DTCP’s Advisory team as well as relevant Deutsche Telekom business units. Specifically, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Market screening for potential investments
- Support in developing new investment theses
- Due diligence support, including financial modelling and commercial analysis
- Preparation of investment proposals
- Portfolio performance monitoring and preparation of portfolio review reports
- Interaction with Deutsche Telekom stakeholders to identify and monitor strategic value-add of portfolio
You bring at least 1-2 years’ full-time experience with a finance-oriented firm (e.g. investment bank, investment fund) or in
management consulting with a finance focus (evidence of relevant projects). Furthermore, you have the following skills and
- Master’s degree in a relevant field of study
- Detailed knowledge of financial modelling in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to communicate crisp and efficiently in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Team working skills and flexibility
- Performance-oriented work ethics, commitment and capacity to work autonomously
- German and English business fluent (written and spoken)
Additional desirable experience:
- Experience in investment transactions
- Knowledge of technology trends in the TMT sector
Chief of Staff
Deutsche Telekom Capital Partners Management GmbH